PayPal Payments – what to know
Don’t get tricked into opening a new account
PayPal will do everything to get you to open a new account. It’s their way of making money from any payments you make or receive on your account. Why is a new account not a good idea ?
- Opening a new account, means that automatically your account will have set limitations on it. Normally about $ 1’000 US Dollars. This limitation means that you can only send a maximum of $ 1’000 US Dollars before you need to remove this limit.
- To remove a limitation on your account, you will need to provide various documents, including identification and other things. You will also need a minimum period of time for PayPal to remove the limits. In Russia this can take up to 30 working days. In other countries it could take much less. But it does mean that until PayPal have reviewed your account, you will have the limitation applied.
Paying through a PayPal invoice
Here are some advantages of paying THInK using the PayPal invoice method :
- You don’t need a PayPal account.
- You can pay in multiple instalments until the whole invoice had been paid.
- You can pay each instalment with a different card, so that you can split payments across multiple cards.
- You can login to the invoice to see how much you still have to pay.
- You can make payments once per day until the whole invoice is paid.
- You can keep within the daily limits set on your credit or debit cards.